Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Mr. J:

1. Follow a link sent in emal to a thread you are subscribed to.
2. Attempt to post a reply.
3. You have to login first.
4. After logging in, you are redirected to the board index.

Seems reasonable to be redirected to where you CAME from..the thread you want to post to.

Makes sense, no?

Yes?

:?

Thanks!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: log in

Post by Julien D »

Makes perfect sense. I shall look into it. Did you happen to notice if this behavior was recent? As in, after the last update I did about a month ago? Could be phpbb has broken something again, or it could be a setting somewhere that I may be able to fix. Regardless, I will check it out!
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I have found that when I follow a link to a post from my work computer (that isn't set to stay logged in) it first brings me to a "You must be logged in to view this post" page, so I log in and then it will bring me to the page I was going to. Not complaining, just saying.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

rbates9 wrote:I have found that when I follow a link to a post from my work computer (that isn't set to stay logged in) it first brings me to a "You must be logged in to view this post" page, so I log in and then it will bring me to the page I was going to. Not complaining, just saying.
So redirect works correctly for you? As in, you don't get redirected to portal page rather than the post you were looking for? Had to work on the furnace when I got home, so I haven't had a chance to test it on my machine yet.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I just tried it on my end. Logged out, tried to access fork conversion sub-forum, asked to log in and did, then it took me to the fork conversion sub-forum. So, all good here!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Julien D wrote:
rbates9 wrote:I have found that when I follow a link to a post from my work computer (that isn't set to stay logged in) it first brings me to a "You must be logged in to view this post" page, so I log in and then it will bring me to the page I was going to. Not complaining, just saying.
So redirect works correctly for you? As in, you don't get redirected to portal page rather than the post you were looking for? Had to work on the furnace when I got home, so I haven't had a chance to test it on my machine yet.
Yes, mine seems to be working fine.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Also works as expected on mine. Browser issue, perhaps?
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

1st Things 1st...

CC ... Glad to see you are still here. :prayer: :prayer: :bravo: How 's Ski. :drinkers: I can send fresh cigars. PM me, if you like. :boogie:

Now back to your post..... When it comes to "puters" I am Forrest Gump. But I have seen, lived with,
and DO NOT Understand!!!! alot . But I have seen the same thing on my end,that you have asked in your post. :supz:

WMI ???? Goggle IT. :doh:
If you ride OVER your head. You WILL land on IT!!!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Redirect has worked in the past fine. Yes, if not logged in or cookies cleared, you have to log in after you reply. And then the redirect works.

Usually.

It didn't for a bit...so I asked. It did work the last time I tried it.........so JULIEND FIXED IT! GOOD JOB!

At the same time I had another string of goobers on this site that were amazing to myself, too. During a gallery upload process, then a reference made to that upload, I got windows with nothing but the photo in them..highlighted, even...and some other messes too off-the-wall to try to even explain.

The ONE item that seemed relatively straightforward enough to make understandable was the one I asked about.

Gremlins. Ghouls and Leprechauns.

I got another one, though. I'll put that in a separate thread. :oops: It has to do with PMs that don't wanna work (take note IT..)

Thanks for looking!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

:pop: :supz:

PM me your snail mail if you like CC. That way, you are "DRIVING" the bus for your group ride this spring.

Just MY way of saying.... THANKS!!!! to YOUS GUYS. :whistle:
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

CC.... Did you get MY!! PM I sent to YOU!!! last night (1/23) @ about 8pm cst. :prayer:

I would kinda like to know. :please: :boogie:

I got yours.