Tapatalk problems

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
amstel78
Supporting Member

Tapatalk problems

Post by amstel78 »

Hey Julien, don't know if you know but there's something wonky with your Tapatalk install. Not sure if you upgraded to the latest release, but now, all of the threads I've started or contributed to don't show up under the Participated tab in the client. They used to before. All of the other forums I participate in including my own work fine with Tapatalk.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Tapatalk problems

Post by Julien D »

I have verified they do not load on mine, either. I have not yet updated. I'll take care of that and let you know so you can test.

Thanks!

Jason
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Updated. Seems to be working for me. What's this push thing all about in the new version? Guess it only works with IOS, whatever it is....
amstel78
Supporting Member

Post by amstel78 »

It's working now. Guess all you needed to do was the update. As for the push function, never was able to figure that one out. Did the old client notify you if there was a PM or response to a subscribed thread?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

It did, if I had the app running on my phone, yes. So I'm not sure what the new "push" feature in this version is.
amstel78
Supporting Member

Post by amstel78 »

I think if you log into the Tapatalk control panel, there is a new tab where if you click on it, will allow you to send push messages to any subscribed clients. That's my understanding of the function. If that is indeed the only thing it does, then in my opinion it's useless because of how slow the servers send the messages out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Aha, that would make sense. Not much good here, since we usually have about 3 people a day using tapatalk, lol.