sorting by date order

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

sorting by date order

Post by Goofaroo »

For some reason the posts in the forum are not sorted in date order when I view the board. I have looked in my settings and can't find anything that addresses this. Does anyone know how I can get the posts sorted by most recent posts first?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: sorting by date order

Post by Julien D »

I'm not sure what you mean. Threads in the main forum view are sorted according to date/time of the most recent post in the thread, not by the thread creation date.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

Sorry. I don't think I explained my observation very well.

In all the other forums I'm a member of, a new post in a thread sends that thread to the top. The user's name and the date and time are displayed on the right just as they are here but the threads are sorted so that the posts are listed by the most recent first. Active threads stay near the top for a while but any thread can be brought back to the top if it receives a reply. Does that make sense? It's not a big deal either way but I just figured maybe I needed to change my preferences or something. As far as I can tell, the dates on the threads and the dates on the posts on this forum are not in any particular order but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks for the reply.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

Aha! I just figured it out and I feel like an idiot. I didn't recognize the way the stickies are marked at the top of the list (if that makes any sense). Anyway, let's just forget I ever mentioned it and get on with our lives. Thanks for the help.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Ah, yeah. We have a lot of stickies and that can certainly throw you off. I really need to clean up and consolidate those. Thanks for putting it back on my radar!