OT... games module

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
amstel78
Supporting Member

OT... games module

Post by amstel78 »

This is a question more for the site admin:

Wondering where you got the code package for the Board3 Portal games module? Or if no specific mod file, how did you set up a custom module to allow links to SWF games?

I just installed Portal v2 for my phpbb 3.0.10 install (cybernations alliance forum) and was wondering how to get a games module installed similar to yours.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: OT... games module

Post by diymirage »

erm....gesundheit ?
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
amstel78
Supporting Member

Post by amstel78 »

Look at the portal... then the right column. See the little box that says Games?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

OT... games module

Post by Julien D »

The games module on the portal page is just a custom module, and then it's just regular html hyperlinks in the code box that take you to the flash games. The flash games I have are ones that Inda had on the old KDXRider site, so I have the SWF files hosted on the same server. Hope this helps! I'd like to find some more SWF games, so if you know of a source, let me know! I'm happy to share any of the ones I have with you if you would like them.
games_module.jpg
games_module.jpg (333.84 KiB) Viewed 6389 times
amstel78
Supporting Member

Post by amstel78 »

Awesome. Thanks so much for the screen shot. I'll let you know if I come across any good games.

This is my portal/forums for our Cybernations alliance. We're called the Knights of the Round Table. Have you played CN before?

http://www.cn-knights.net

P.S. Just wanted to say thank you again for a great KDX resource. I donated a little bit of cash to your website. It wasn't much, but I hope it helps keep the site up and running. :grin:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by amstel78 on 08:08 pm Jul 31 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

OT... games module

Post by Julien D »

Never played CN, but I'll check it out as well as your site. Thanks for the donation! If you need any PHPBB help, feel free to give me a shout.
amstel78
Supporting Member

Post by amstel78 »

Thanks Julien!

There was a question about phpBB that maybe you could answer.

Whenever I have a new user register, I want them to remain in the 'Newly Registered Users' group for X amount of posts. However, phpBB also places them in the 'Registered Users' group automatically and the group permissions for 'Registered Users' overrides what I have set for the former. In other words, I want my new users to meet a certain post threshold before being able to see the rest of the forums. I can't seem to figure out how to get the group permissions for the 'Newly Registered Users' group to be the dominant security policy until that post threshold is met.

Apologies to the rest of the KDX user base seeing as this topic has nothing to do with KDX motorcycles.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

OT... games module

Post by Julien D »

It should work that way by design. You can try setting the permissions you want changed in the newly registered group as always or never, and that should override the registered user group permissions. On the registration page, set the # of posts you would like them to reach before being removed from newly registered users group.

On my way out of town for a couple days, and no net/cell service where I'm headed. See ya'll sunday!
amstel78
Supporting Member

Post by amstel78 »

Thank you Julien. Enjoy your weekend!

P.S. Found an entire repository of SWF games: http://www.lookpink.com/games/swfs/
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

OT... games module

Post by Julien D »

Very cool, thanks for the link! Did you get your new users settings worked out?
amstel78
Supporting Member

OT... games module

Post by amstel78 »

Julien D wrote:Very cool, thanks for the link! Did you get your new users settings worked out?
Yes I did, thanks. You were 100% correct that the permissions either had to be ALWAYS or NEVER for the Newly Registered Users group to override the permissions set for Registered Users.