Suggestion For Boosting Site Awarness.

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Suggestion For Boosting Site Awarness.

Post by jafo »

I just got on the site and am getting ready to be a regular contributor. I am also a member of a car club that really mirrors this club alot. It specificaly served 1970 thru 1972 Monte Carlos. I was with this club from almost the inception. I found it through E-Bay. I've watched this club grow very succesfuly through the years with a good solid membership foundation. They would have T-shirts made up and sell them on E-bay, cheap advertisement and make alittle money for the club also. They also offer Hats, T-shirts, Jackets ect. for paying club members only much later on that also helped with contributions. I know there has to be alot more KDX riders out there than Monte Carlo owners. :mrgreen: So what do you think? Throw something on E-bay with your site logo on it and see what happens?

Jon.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

jafo- This site is so new that I haven't even though about this type of advertising. Heck... I've only got the meta tags for the search engines embedded in the home page! :razz: But, yeah... we will probably do this in a few months once we get everything on the site tweaked... thanks for the suggestions! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

well, being nearly 5 years later, you got any out yet?
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I have had fender stickers made in the beginning and ended up with allot of leftovers...

I plan to make some shirts and ball caps available this spring if there is any interest....

BTW... it takes money to have this stuff made and donations help with that! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

O.K. I donated. Do I get a free hat? :lol:

****EDIT****
Or a star!! Yea! I wanna nother star!!
Last edited by skipro3 on 12:08 am Feb 19 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

I'm ridin' for the brand

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'll get some stuff made up this spring.... :neutral:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Ever take a look at cafe press? Stuff ends up being a little pricer, but you don't have to worry about inventory, blah, blah. They will make one shirt/hat/decal/thong or 1000 on demand....Driven by the customer. Wish I'da thought of it. :neutral:

Also something I've been meaning to bring up...Another site I go to has a donate-o-meter set at $50/month right in the top right corner....Think it's pretty cool.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
KDXPhoneDude

Post by KDXPhoneDude »

i will by anything you want to make that says "kdxrider.net" on it. i would like a few fender stickers if you have any left.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|QBB<[/url]
jc7622 wrote:I'm ridin' for the brand

Sweet!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That Donate-O-Meter is written for PHP Nuke... which I am not running. I have looked at the code and I would have to completely rewrite it and then it still may not work. This forum is not set up as a portal and there is where the problem is.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Roger that...Wasn't sure what that site was running...Just knew it wasn't vbulliten. I see you moved the donate to the top...That's good. Speaking of which I need to make a donation....
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I got a couple of mods in mind that I will be implementing in the next few weeks.... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Oh oh....

No more "Bart's butt" bugs like I got into the last time. That was the wierdest thing I've ever seen....
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

OK... this is good for starters on clothing, mugs and such....

http://www.cafepress.com/KDXRIDER
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'll order one of the maternity shirts for Wibby.
Jerry

it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

Ski... What color are going to get him? :lol:

Vince, are we buying this from you or cafepress.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

A portion goes to the site. So... both.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

barryadam
Supporting Member

Post by barryadam »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:I'll order one of the maternity shirts for Wibby.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:I'll order one of the maternity shirts for Wibby.
What, Ski? Are you jealous 'cuz you can't carry? Awwww.... Wibby will be such a great "dad," since he is already teaching the little "tyke" how to ride a dirt/woodz "byke!"

:lol: :mrgreen:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly