Banned

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Banned

Post by skipro3 »

I was asked the following from a PM:

So posting links to other websites is okay? I just want to check, because my young friend "GirthQuake" was banned by your mod Indawoods for linking to another site on this one.

Looks to me like Girth just signed up yesterday, the 5th of July and has zero posts so far. Anything to add Inda? I told the guy PMing me I'd check with you on it.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Sorry Dan... I am the only admin and I did not go to your forum and post to spam my site. This is one of my sites rules. NO SPAM!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:34 AM
To: admin(at)kdxrider.net
Subject: [Question or Comment from your Website]

Dan C's forum username is GirthQuake
Dan C's email is nlchd(at)turbonet.com
Sender's ip address is 216.98.230.128

what happened to my account? I post once with a forum and I get blitzed, yet I see over on that other forum the admins from here posted in every forum there! Does not really seem very fair to me.

Apparently someone posing as me posted on their site... sorry folks! It wasn't me.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

His one and only post was SPAM.
His intentions were good (he said he was just trying to boost the numbers)....but guys please don't pose as me... not saying it was but if someone can give me the IP of the person who did post to their site then I can find out who it was.
It could have been someone from some other site trying to stir the crap again or maybe not. But I'm 41 and a little more mature than to do this kinda thing. :roll:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Was this the "they talk about KDX's on this site" post from yesterday, with a link to someone's message forum?

I noticed some post yesterday from someone and it was their first post.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It was more like "This site ROCKS too!" and a link. I understand the newbie mentality but this kinda thing needs nipped in the bud. Even me as a newbie KNEW not to post like that...especially if it was my first post on a forum. I feel sorry for him because he said he is banned from some other site for doing the same thing. But..."Here's your sign" :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

OH, Now I remember the post. For some generic dirtbike type site in an orange motif. I thought it was for KTM's at first.

Just looking over the numbers, it didn't look like there was much there, so I didn't bother to read any of the threads in the forums. Someone passing themself off as Inda or a mod from this place?! I doubt it was anyone from here to begin with. Most likely, as you said Inda, Girth was, in good faith, passing on a link and was not aware of any rule. Heck, I was not aware of any rule. Not that I would ever look at another woman, er, I mean site. (Keep the stories straight, skipro) I only have posts for you, big guy!!!
(Snort!)

Anyway, from what I gather, the person who PM'ed me is in error. GirthQuake is not banned, he just had his post deleted. I wonder, if a post is edited or deleted, would it possible to leave a message in it's place explaining the reason for the action? Not to the obvious foments of course, but to the ignorant masses such as myself who make a blunder?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

From the KIPS RATTLE....

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=118

His account is still there...just disabled. If he wants to be part of this site, I don't care... but if he has nothing to ask or add, then I just as well leave it disabled.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I've had some PM talk with DrGiggles. No doubt in my mind now that both he and GirthQuake are trolls looking to start trouble. If I had the power I would ban them both and do anything I could to be sure their presence can't even view this site. Then I would send them a virus just for good measure.

A total waste of time in my opinion.

Sorry for the trouble Inda, I thought perhaps this was just a misunderstanding. It isn't. I understand their motives just fine now.
Jerry

DrGiggles

Post by DrGiggles »

I love you too, skipro
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Theres always at least one in every crowd !! Oh and I'd be careful Ski, DrGiggles sounds GAY....... :butthead:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

They don't call him Dr.Giggles for nothin' ! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****