Who will pick up where you left off?

Problems or Questions on General Forum Usage go in Here. (not bike related)
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Who will pick up where you left off?

Post by rbates9 »

I only knew Indawoods (Vince) from this site but it truly seemed that this site was something that he put his heart and soul into. Is there any way to keep it alive?
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I was thinking about that as well. Someone needs to at least shut down the donation and Dyna-Rings sales until things can be figured out what will happen with the website.

I truly hope that this community lives on. Whoever ends up with deciding what to, please contact me personally via PM or email.
Last edited by SS109 on 09:58 pm Feb 03 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

The donations could still be sent to the family, if they have access to the account. If any one knows could you please post?
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Been weighing on my mind all day but thought it was a little soon to be worrying about it now, I'm sure the family has more important things right now

Fuzzy is a moderator
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote:I'm sure the family has more important things right now
+1 I didn't mean to bother the family, Just hate to see all his work on here go away.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Eh, I'm not going to worry too much about it. I'm sure that somehow, someway, KDXrider will continue on. I'll see to it myself if I have to!
'11 GasGas EC250R
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I can moderate the posting area, but that's it. May be able to get into the back-end with some help from the family, and working with the ISP, but this place is the last thing they need to worry about right now.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Thank you, guys. You all were his extended family and I am so lost right now. I am hoping, even though I am not as knowledged as Inda, that I can figure out a way to keep the site up. We have a friend here who is a computer guru, so maybe between him and fuzzy, we can work this out.
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:Thank you, guys. You all were his extended family and I am so lost right now. I am hoping, even though I am not as knowledged as Inda, that I can figure out a way to keep the site up. We have a friend here who is a computer guru, so maybe between him and fuzzy, we can work this out.
Thanks Butterfly. Sorry for your loss.
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:Thank you, guys. You all were his extended family and I am so lost right now. I am hoping, even though I am not as knowledged as Inda, that I can figure out a way to keep the site up. We have a friend here who is a computer guru, so maybe between him and fuzzy, we can work this out.
Whatever you need, just ask.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

>|<>QBB<
Well, the website probably doesn't need any attention that fuzzy can't handle for now. You guys just take care of yourselves right now and let us know if we can do anything.

Later,
Kelly
'11 GasGas EC250R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Thank you Butterfly. I can't stop worrying about all of you. We've had a lot of loss in our immediate family and I know very well the heartache and hardship it brings. As I said, if there's anything at all I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. I say this knowing very well there is not much I can do, but at least know you and all of Vince's family and friends are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

The site will be ok i think for the immediate future, nothing to worry about right now. If you need any help with it in the coming weeks/months/years, I will be here too. I do this stuff for a living and would be happy to donate time and any expenses I might be able to cover. Fuzzy or you can just let me know.

I wish there was something more I could do. :(
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

This thing is pretty maintenance free, and stable. Inda had to fix/prune/tweak some stuff now and then, and when we're able to 'break-in' to the financial and admin accounts w/ the ISP we can take it all over. :cry:
Varmint
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Varmint »

I admin other forums too and I would be available to help.
In my garage
2003 KDX200
2003 KX85
2005 CRF230F
2009 300 XC-W(e)
My KDX
BobbyZ
Supporting Member

Post by BobbyZ »

when it comes to who is going to keep it going,the only answer i see is we all have to.

whether it's via tech support,time and money to just taking the time to give the new guy a welcoming kdxrider style answer.

There is plenty of room for all of us to put a little back of what inda/Vince gave to us.

I don't know about the rest of you but on a dreary day a little time reading on here always brightened my day,whether it was something funny or just thoughts of a sunny day on a nice trail.It gives me the motivation, knowledge and support to get my old e series back together and got me back to doing something I was passionate about at a time in my life when i needed it.

I personally feel that we should put something together to show his family what he has done for all of us strangers vs worrying about whats going to happen here at this very moment.

While I didn't know him(other then a few pm's) from what I know of him I feel like we should work on getting a memorial/fund raising ride together in his honor and to help the family a bit.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

KDXRider.net will continue to operate as usual until all else is settled. We have a lot of work to do re: Inda's estate.

I appreciate that so many of you are offering to help us out with this. It means the world to me. Many of you do not realize how tight Vince and I were.
The forum will be a bit empty without Vince's constant input and wit, but I do believe that he will be thrilled to see that we are working so hard to carry on one of his dreams.

I remember when he got excited about "50 members!!!" Now look at us. :partyman: :supz:
MikeV

Post by MikeV »

Hey Fuzzy, can you get ahold of me, this is Mike Vandeberg, a friend of Vinces, Im sure you remember me. We need to talk about whats going to happen here, if you dont know already...

Email me at mikevandeberg at hotmail dot com
MikeV

Post by MikeV »

Hey Butterfly...

This is weird.. We just posted at the same time....

Talk to ya tonite!!!
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Hey MikeV.

I have a really good pic of you and Vince. I will bring it to the FUNeral.

Butterfly
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Does anyone know if the RevLoc link at the top of the page sends funds to Vince, or directly to Revloc? I would imagine the latter.....