Boiling sound from radiator

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
koolranch

Boiling sound from radiator

Post by koolranch »

Looking for some advise. I ran my 220 over the weekend in some tight woods. When we took a break I could hear a boiling sound coming from the radiator. I did not see any leaking ect. All hoses where intact. Just wondering if this is normal or something larger to worry about. It stopped after a few minutes. I don't know the history of the bike to tell you if it's the original piston ect. It runs very good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Boiling sound from radiator

Post by bufftester »

If it was tight and slow and you were doing a lot of clutch slipping etc the motor gets hot and that is a normal sound. Best to take a break now and then in those conditions. Check your coolant level and make sure its full. Also check your overflow tank and hoses.
koolranch

Re: Boiling sound from radiator

Post by koolranch »

bufftester wrote:If it was tight and slow and you were doing a lot of clutch slipping etc the motor gets hot and that is a normal sound. Best to take a break now and then in those conditions. Check your coolant level and make sure its full. Also check your overflow tank and hoses.
Thank you for the help.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk