Kill Switch Issue

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kill Switch Issue

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Hello, yesterday I was changing out the grips on my KDX as they were still the stock ones, which turned to be a lot harder than I thought due to the glue the factory must use and it being on the bars for 14 years, I accidentally cracked the kill switch in half. I thought I was able to put it back together with some super glue, but as I started the bike today it would kick over and then die within 10 seconds. When I pushed the kill switch it didn't have much pressure to it and tried to remember if there was a spring inside of it, which I believe there should be? Since it was broken, I cracked it open again and found no spring inside. I figure it must have fell out at some point the day before. I looked all around the street, which is unfortunately where I have to do any repair work due to the apartment complex I live in doesn't allow "mechanic work," but to no avail did I find it.

Anyhow, just wondering how easy it is to replace the kill switch as electrical is not something I am too familiar or comfortable with? I would hate to have to bring it to the dealer and get crushed on labor for something that seems quite simple. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks you!
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kill Switch Issue

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Just got one a used OEM on eBay for $12 so we'll see but looks like a plug and a screw and that is it. Want to go riding this up coming weekend so hope that is it!
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Kill Switch Issue

Post by KDXGarage »

maybe so!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128