Trail tech vs stock odometer

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
buellfire

Post by buellfire »

Looking for guidance. I run a Garmin Montana 650 gps as a Speedo on my KDX. I have started to do runs that use roll charts and need an accurate odometer. Thoughts on trail tech vs stock odometer. My bike currently has neither and I will need to buy the setup either way.
Thanks
rungrandpa
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Trail tech vs stock odometer

Post by rungrandpa »

I have the stock odometer and my son has the Trail Tech. After riding our mileage measured the same. I read Trail Tech can be dialed in for different conditions like tire sizes. I will replace my stock odometer with a Trail Tech unit sometime for the extra features.
buellfire

Post by buellfire »

Thanks grandpa!
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Trail Tech is def worth it, just for all the extra stuff it does. I had the Vapor for quite awhile and loved it, but now have the Voyager and love it as well. Great little units. And like mentioned above, you can set the tire size anywhere you want, so if the mileage is off a little bit you can tweak it. And you can easily change the trip odometer up and down as you often have to do in enduros (and other rides that use roll charts)
buellfire

Re: Trail tech vs stock odometer

Post by buellfire »

Thanks Guys