Never ridden before KDX 220 on Ebay

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

Beautiful bike!

PS its not mine. I hope someone on the forum gets it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-KDX-2 ... SwwwRa7gPU
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Never ridden before KDX 220 on Ebay

Post by KDXGarage »

WOW! Pretty awesome find!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
The Dark Knight

Post by The Dark Knight »

I would almost feel bad riding it.
spl383
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by spl383 »

Why change the forks if it never leaves the basement?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

spl383 wrote:Why change the forks if it never leaves the basement?
Yeah for real. KLX250 / KLX300 forks and clamps, not KX250, by the way. The single bolt on the lower clamp is a KDX / KLX thing, not double like a KX. Also, no rebound adjusters on the forks, just the air bleeder screw.
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

It ended up with 3 bids and sold for $3,150.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Heck of a deal in my book!
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

Jason wrote:Heck of a deal in my book!
I think so too. Someone really scored! I thought it was going to have a lot of bids.
hootbmx

Post by hootbmx »

It was me that won it. Cant wait to pick it up! I live in Utah but will get it when I travel back to my daughters wedding in Ohio. Can't wait! I always loved the KDXs even when I was a teenager. Bought a 2003 KDX 220 last fall...it only had about 75 hours on it. The guy that owned it was an older gentleman that lived on a ranch and rarely rode it. It looks like new too. 1st thing I did was change the piston like so many of you recommend on the 220s so I guess i will need to do that again on this bike. Just been enjoying the heck out of my 220 (especially after I added the FMF Gnarly desert pipe!), so fun out here on the mountain trails. Was considering an XR400 until I saw the eBay action for the new KDX...never rode an XR400 but it seems to have a legendary history like the KDX does. So the plan is to let my son have my current 220 (he is ready to move off of his TTR125) and the one I won will be my ride....althogh that FMF desert pipe is going be transferd over to my ride! Any other Utah riders on the forum?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

HECK YEAH!

Congratulatons!

Do go for the piston swap again. Sounds like two really nice KDX's!
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

hootbmx wrote:It was me that won it. Cant wait to pick it up! I live in Utah but will get it when I travel back to my daughters wedding in Ohio. Can't wait! I always loved the KDXs even when I was a teenager. Bought a 2003 KDX 220 last fall...it only had about 75 hours on it. The guy that owned it was an older gentleman that lived on a ranch and rarely rode it. It looks like new too. 1st thing I did was change the piston like so many of you recommend on the 220s so I guess i will need to do that again on this bike. Just been enjoying the heck out of my 220 (especially after I added the FMF Gnarly desert pipe!), so fun out here on the mountain trails. Was considering an XR400 until I saw the eBay action for the new KDX...never rode an XR400 but it seems to have a legendary history like the KDX does. So the plan is to let my son have my current 220 (he is ready to move off of his TTR125) and the one I won will be my ride....althogh that FMF desert pipe is going be transferd over to my ride! Any other Utah riders on the forum?
What a find! You got a great deal. The local pick up was certainly a challenge but looks like it will work out great for you. Post some pics when you get it back home. Good luck and have fun! The KDX is certainly a legendary bike, also an addiction too so be careful hahaha.
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
Vossman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Vossman »

hootbmx wrote:It was me that won it. Cant wait to pick it up! I live in Utah but will get it when I travel back to my daughters wedding in Ohio. Can't wait! I always loved the KDXs even when I was a teenager. Bought a 2003 KDX 220 last fall...it only had about 75 hours on it. The guy that owned it was an older gentleman that lived on a ranch and rarely rode it. It looks like new too. 1st thing I did was change the piston like so many of you recommend on the 220s so I guess i will need to do that again on this bike. Just been enjoying the heck out of my 220 (especially after I added the FMF Gnarly desert pipe!), so fun out here on the mountain trails. Was considering an XR400 until I saw the eBay action for the new KDX...never rode an XR400 but it seems to have a legendary history like the KDX does. So the plan is to let my son have my current 220 (he is ready to move off of his TTR125) and the one I won will be my ride....althogh that FMF desert pipe is going be transferd over to my ride! Any other Utah riders on the forum?
Very cool.
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TwistedRoot »

Just my .02 cents but I've been riding for over 40 years, there is no comparison between the KDX and the XR. If your just plunking around the XR is perfect, but if you want to haul ass its KDX all the way! :kick:

Have you ever ridden down in Warner Valley, (near St. George) ?
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

TwistedRoot wrote:

Just my .02 cents but I've been riding for over 40 years, there is no comparison between the KDX and the XR. If your just plunking around the XR is perfect, but if you want to haul ass its KDX all the way! :kick:

Have you ever ridden down in Warner Valley, (near St. George) ?
I'll second this. There's no comparison between an xr4 and a kdx. KDX has way more power and weighs less. If the XR is a thoroughbred, the DX is like an Arabian. Smaller, faster, more agile.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

start a that and give us some pictures please. lots of details!