EFM Auto clutch

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
patreilly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EFM Auto clutch

Post by patreilly »

I have a 220 with a RevLok auto clutch that I love. I bought it last year with the auto clutch but no clutch lever. I reinstalled the lever with the auto clutch. I use the lever very little but I like having the option. EFM in Ohio will build an auto clutch for me. But, there is no way to have the clutch lever with the EFM auto clutch and as you all know RevLok is no more and Recluse does not supply a KDX auto clutch
In addition the old RevLoc performs flawlessly. I thought I needed an E-start bike when I stall the engine. But, if you never stall the engine you don't need the E-start. The RevLok must be set up properly. I don't even know it is there except I don't use the clutch lever and the bike never stalls.
Afraid my clutch skills will atrophy.
Has anybody had experience with the EFM auto clutch on the KDX H model?
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EFM Auto clutch

Post by dfeckel »

I'm running an EFM on my hybrid bike with a 1994 H series motor. It works great, setup was easy. I do miss having a clutch override option occasionally, but not often. It's a good option, but spendy.
David Eckel