KTM strap for trail tech kickstand

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

KTM strap for trail tech kickstand

Post by John_S »

I was curious if the retainer strap for KTM's would work and it does. Its T shaped at the top and wedges in tight by the air box. $4.00 from Rocky Mountain
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (530.42 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (456.53 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (550.09 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
Burtono

Re: KTM strap for trail tech kickstand

Post by Burtono »

I have a 2006 KTM 300xc and recently installed a trail tech kickstand as the previous owner removed the oem kickstand (can't imagine why). Any way, the trail tech version is much shorter than the OEM ktm kickstand and cannot hold the kick stand. I think you could fix this with a few zipties and such to add a little extra length. It might be apples to oranges but I would think if the trailtech would not reach on my ktm it won't hold the kickstand on the KDX.
oldmankdx69

Post by oldmankdx69 »

Why do you need the strap? I have the trail tech stand and have never felt the need. If it moves around too much maybe you need to replace the spring. Just my 2 cents. :grin:
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

Burtuno I'm not sure what you're talking about, sorry. I installed it and it holds it really tight.

Oldmankdx, I tried it out because it was less than $4. The stand is new but I'm not used to riding with one so I like this. After a while I'll likely not bother with it.