Purple KDX Seat Cover and Graphics

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Purple KDX Seat Cover and Graphics

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Hello all, new to the forum because I finally was able to find a 97 KDX 200! I'm sure there will many questions to come as well.

I'd like to try and restore it close to it's original color scheme. It currently has a non-OEM graphics kit and would like to find a purple seat cover and shroud graphics from either the 96 or 97. Besides eBay, does anybody know where I may be able to find these items? They do not have to be kawasaki OEM parts. I found some mid-nineties KX purple seat covers; does anybody know if they will fit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ben
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Purple KDX Seat Cover and Graphics

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your KDX.

I doubt a KX seat cover would work well on a KDX, as the foam is much ticker on the KDX. The KX cover would not be wide enough to wrap around the thick KDX foam.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
K50X200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by K50X200 »

A couple guys on here have used this vinyl in black... not sure if the purple is the right shade, you'd probably have to order a sample...
http://yourautotrim.com/allsport-bright-violet/
"00 KDX200 - Baja Designs D/S Kit, '03 KLX300 Forks, KB5 Suspension Mods, Keihn 35 ASQV, Boyesen Rad Valve, Gnarly Woods Pipe
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I had "r.b.seatcovers" custom make one for my kdx, now there are a lot like mine out there. Just message him, telling him what you want done.
P.S. If it where me I'd do purple regular vinyl sides with a gripper top.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Oopps RB seat covers is an EBay seller and makes pretty nice seat covers. Look at his ebay listings to get an idea of what you might like.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Thanks fellas. I actually just received a re-make from a person making them on eBay. May not be exact shade of purple but very close. Should have it on by next week! It has been crazy hot here in California and working on the bike under my car port has been tough. Anyhow, ill post some pics as soon as it I get it on!
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200