Drawing up a case saver, have any input?

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Drawing up a case saver, have any input?

Post by Tyl3r »

So, I've been thinking about doing this for a while now... I was going to draw up a case saver and have a few cut out on a water or laser jet. Initially was thinking 1/2" 6061 Aluminum should be sufficient for the material. I drew up the outline of the factory case saver in Inventor during my lunch break. Was planning on making it pretty when I had some free time during lunch again. Anyone have any input? If they came out nice, I would get a bunch of them cut out at once and put them up for sale at a reasonable price if anyone was interested. Here is what I have now, feel free to pull it into paint, mark it up, and repost. Would love some input... was a little stuck. Initially just thought about putting a bunch of holes in it (like the aftermarket one I have on my 400ex). Also wanted to take a good close look at the bike and see how much room is available around it to play with:

04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Drawing up a case saver, have any input?

Post by John_S »

Thank you for doing this. Keep in mind a little play room for different size front sprockets. It would be good in my opinion if it weren't any taller than the stock one. As it is my fingers, small mechanics swivel mirror (tough to get the main jet started sometimes), and motion pro finger socket for the main jet all just barely cram in there to make main jet changes. i ditched the plastic portion of the case saver right away to give me better access to the main jet but always felt the metal part should be thicker to protect the engine case.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Drawing up a case saver, have any input?

Post by KDXGarage »

Cool. One option would be one size for each front sprocket size.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128