Tusk extended air and idle screw

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

I was just on RMATV.com and noticed that Tusk is making an extended air screw and idle screw for $12 a piece. Maybe the idle screw picture is generic but it seems like it should have a flange for the spring to rest on OR be threaded all the way. Also tough to tell if it would clear the fuel line without actually trying it. I've had good luck with other Tusk products (float bowl wrench, bead buddy, tire spoons, handle bars, case splitter, crank puller, gasket kits, etc).

They're listing them when you look up products/parts for an 02 220.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/38 ... rew?v=1246

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/38 ... rew?v=1246
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Cool find. You planning on getting them? If so, please report back when you get them.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tusk extended air and idle screw

Post by John_S »

I already use the extended air screw from jet200.com and I use the metal PWK idle screw instead of the plastic one so I can adjust it without a tool. Just wanted to pass on the info. I get excited about new parts being available :grin:
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

SOMEONE buy a set and report back please.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
CAL-kawi

Post by CAL-kawi »

I tried out the extended air screw. It appears to be identical from the threads in, which it must to be listed as Kdx compatible. Where it doesn't work is the extended part; it's just too long. Where RB's screw extends just past the carb body, this one goes a good 12-15 mm longer, before it widens out for you thumb. It looks like just a matter of time before the top of my boot catches on it and breaks something.

I'm going to try and take 10mm out and JB weld it back together. I do like the flat seat of the thumb part to allow an extra spring like RB's. The Slavens offering doesn't allow that because it tapers out.
So I guess we'll see if the weld holds up.
ico135

Post by ico135 »

Thanks for update CAL-kawi, i was wanting to give one of these a try so saved me a little cash and trouble.