Dogbones

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
fzrcraig

Dogbones

Post by fzrcraig »

Hello. I'm relatively new here. I picked up a '95 last summer a did a little work to it over the winter. Had it out with a KTM crowd this morning and they all love it - I think everyone loves a KDX.
While cleaning it I noticed the number 112.5 on the dogbone. Is this OEM and if not, does anyone know how it would relate to OEM? The bike is a little high and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks,

Craig
MaverickAus
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Dogbones

Post by MaverickAus »

That's the stock 112.5 mm from the centre of the holes on either end. If you want to lower it you need slightly longer. You do need to be careful if you lower it too much it will bottom out easier as the longer dogbones change the ratio of compression on the shock. I'm 5'7" and I lowered my KLX250 using this method. Found this post in another forum.

"At 5'3", I opted to drop the back end by 20mm. The dogbones I got are 5mm longer than stock (i.e. 117.5mm instead of 112.5mm). In familiar terrain, I don't have a problem, but if I go riding in a different forest (i.e. clay instead of sand) I find my legs don't reach the ground."
fzrcraig

Dogbones

Post by fzrcraig »

Thanks Maverick.
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Re: Dogbones

Post by ScruffyDroid »

I'm 5'6" and installed a Koubalink #2. Raised the front fork tubes 1/2". Set the sag and I can sit with both toes touching.