Mystery Washer checking Kips.

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
KLXvsKDX

Mystery Washer checking Kips.

Post by KLXvsKDX »

Hey recently purchased a 04 Kdx 200, Previous owner said he put 60 hours on it never had it apart, so I decided yo do top end and clean kips. Found the govenor shaft for KIPS bent, removed cluch sidea engine cover to check pin, broken as well. Going to replace those parts but as I removed cover a washer fell out. Service manual not helping me fine where this washer is from, does one sit on kick start shaft?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Mystery Washer checking Kips.

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Sorry that trouble made you sign up, and/or post.

Search online for parts diagrams to see if it makes sense. www.kawasaki.com, rockymountainatvmc.com and many others have the Kawasaki parts diagrams showing the parts "break out" / microfiche.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Mystery Washer checking Kips.

Post by bufftester »

There are a number of washers inside the RH engine case. Like Jason said, best bet is to measure it, check parts diagrams against your bike. Did you have a service manual handy when you disassembled the top end? The part that says Left Hand Threaded gets missed by a lot of folks and results in bent shafts and broken pins.