Problem at steady throttle...solved

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Problem at steady throttle

Post by KDXGarage »

Here's hoping! :partyman:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Problem at steady throttle...solved

Post by John_S »

To all you guys saying it was a fuel delivery issue when I kept pushing for electrical answers..... :prayer: thank you very much!! I found two problems. The first during another leak down test I found an air leak at the slotted KIPS cover. The oring wasn't sealing up and I replaced it and it holds 6psi for 10 minutes. That made the pinging go away and cleaned up the idle. Without it pinging it was clear that it was just really rich when it would stutter along at steady throttle. The next problem was the reeds. The 607's only had 10 hours on them so I never took them back out to check. The bottom reed petal is what you would call wide open, the top one looked good. I flipped it and then switched the top and bottom reed and the same thing, the bottom one was always wide open. I didn't want to spend the money on this right now but I did and ordered a set of V force 3's. A few unintentional wheelies later and WOW it runs awesome! The throttle response is excellent and cruises along at steady throttle no problem. If I was lean with an air leak and rich with the reeds shouldn't it have been perfect? haha. Thank you guys again! This site is the best!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I am glad you got it sorted out.

" A few unintentional wheelies later"

I was worried for a minute as to where that was going.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Glad you sorted it, now ride it!

Have to point out the obvious for anyone who reads this later: When jetting issues arise, always follow the guide, step-by-step AFTER making sure your intake and exhaust tracks are mechanically sound. If you haven't physically disassembled and reassembled it all and laid your own eyes on it, you haven't ensured its correct.