Brake pedal upgrade?

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Jpm1109

Brake pedal upgrade?

Post by Jpm1109 »

I hate that tiny knub of a brake pedal. Does anyone know a good aftermarket replacement?
Superstore, Rocky mtn, chaparral and motosport have zip that fits an '01 :please:
Last edited by Jpm1109 on 04:52 pm Nov 25 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Jpm1109

Re: Brake pedal upgrade

Post by Jpm1109 »

Motocross Giant and revzilla also nada. Uh
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Brake pedal upgrade?

Post by bufftester »

Later KX pedals (01-04 I think) can be made to fit by turning a new bushing, though you don't really gain any pedal real estate that way. The beauty of the KDX pedal is that it's steel, you can wrap that thing around the foot peg and still bend it straight and use it. I have seen some hybrid pedals made by cutting the stock lever and welding a different pedal end on.
JL4049

Post by JL4049 »

+1 on the stock pedal, I completely pretzelled mine in a crash a couple of weeks ago, to the point it was vertical and the stub was pointing backwards instead of outwards. 5 minutes work with two adjustable wrenches and it looked like new and I was riding again. Can't do that with a fancy aluminium pedal.....
Jpm1109

Post by Jpm1109 »

Noted. Did not think about that aspect of it. Maybe I can weld something on the end to make the pedal a little easier to find. Like those horseshoes they sell to weld onto foot pegs.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

The only mod I would consider for the brake pedal is to cut the stock "knub" off of the arm (leaving the arm stock length) and using an aftermarket replacement toe tip. These can be riveted or bolted on.....One like this https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/40 ... nt-Toe-Tip
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

+1 6Riders,
Exactly, that's the type of hybrid levers I was referring to.