Throttle and brake pedal play

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
ced64k
Supporting Member

Throttle and brake pedal play

Post by ced64k »

I have a lot of lateral play in my throttle tube. I'm not sure if it can be fixed with a setting or if I need to replace the complet unit. Is there any other options than the OEM part ?

Same thing for the rear brake pedal, there is play around the axle. Is it possible to repair or should I replace it ? There is also play in the master cylinder rod.

I made a video, what do you think ?

bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Throttle and brake pedal play

Post by bufftester »

Motion Pro makes replacement tubes, like under $10 at most of the online sites. I have used one on my KDX220 and it works great. As for the brake pedal, few options I know of...first is find another brake pedal from a KDX (see a bunch on Ebay for $20-40) and hope its not to worn, second is to find a sleeve that fits the pivot and then bore out the pedal to accept it, third you can just leave it, unless it's causing issues with braking there is probably no reason to do anything, and finally you can cut the mount off the frame and switch it to something else (seen a few folks go to the KX mount/pedal)
two-stroke-brit
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by two-stroke-brit »

the tube looks ok i would leave it or if it bothers you you can replace it cheaply (no adjustments).
and the brake pedal looks likemost of it could be eliminated by bushing the pedal.
simple job for a machinist.
or replace with a new one as a used one will probably be in similar state.
good luck update us on which way you went,
cheers mark
She might not be pretty but always a fun ride !
ced64k
Supporting Member

Post by ced64k »

Thank for the tips :)
bufftester wrote:unless it's causing issues with braking
Yes the pedal tends to position a little below the case so it sometimes difficult to "find" it with my foot. The play at the end of the pedal is almost 1cm :?