Torque specs for a clutch rebuild

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Gixxer340
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Gixxer340 »

Hello all,

I am getting ready to change the clutch on the bike (possibly this weekend if the gasket comes in) but i don't have a service manual yet. I see a lot of information on the web about getting the bolt off that holds the clutch basket on using an impact wrench (which is how I plan to do it) but I don't see where anyone talks about how to tighten it back up or what the torque spec is for that bolt. I assume that I will need to use the bike in gear and hold the sprocket in some way method to tighten it up but I am not 100% sure yet.

The other 2 torque specs that I am looking for is the pressure plate retainer bolts (the ones that go over the springs) and the case bolts. I have the proper torque wrenches but I just need to know the values.

I plan to get a service manual, when I can find one, but I was going to try to tackle this sooner rather than later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
- 2001 KDX200 - KX front forks, RB head and carb mods, Gnarly pipe

-The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do absolutely nothing for him - unknown
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Torque specs for a clutch rebuild

Post by doakley »

torque specs: Center Hub Nut 65 ft lbs
Pressure plate retainer bolts 78 in lbs
Case cover bolts 78 in lbs

You'll see a link to a good manual on this site, towards the top left. I have both the online and printed versions. I really like the online on my ipad so I can enlarge the photos for better detail.
If you don't see the link on the site here it is: http://www.cyclepedia.com/online-manual ... ice-guide/
Gixxer340
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Gixxer340 »

Thank you
- 2001 KDX200 - KX front forks, RB head and carb mods, Gnarly pipe

-The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do absolutely nothing for him - unknown