Jetting advice

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Oscar N

Jetting advice

Post by Oscar N »

Hey guys just after some advice for jetting my stock 98 kdx200. This is my first bike and I've never jetted a bike before so any advice is greatly appreciated. Not sure what's in it now but I know it's not right. I ride at about 3000 feet and average temperature of around 20 degrees Celsius (68 Fahrenheit).
Cheers
Willbilly

Jetting advice

Post by Willbilly »

Start with stock jetting and go from there. If there are mods on it like a different than stock expansion chamber, the snorkel or lid removed from the air box, a different carburetor than the stock carburetor, modified cylinder head, you'll want to rejet.

Places like FMF have recommendations for the jetting if you use one of their expansion chambers.

You can also look online for how people jet their kdx 200's. See the link below that have several search results:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... %20jetting

You can also ride it and adjust based on the feedback. If there is a hesitation from the bike idling and throttle increase then you'll want to increase your pilot jet. If the bike doesn't feel like it is giving you all the top end it could, you'll either want to open up the air screw or back down on the main jet.