97 kdx 200 rebuild NEED HELP

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
willcyprus

97 kdx 200 rebuild NEED HELP

Post by willcyprus »

I need help finding a full manual on rebuilding my motor or finding someone I can have rebuild it. My first bike project so I have no idea what I'm doing. Been a mechanic for over ten years with vehicles. (New here)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: 97 kdx 200 rebuild NEED HELP

Post by Tedh98 »

You can get the online manual right here on the homepage. If you like paper instead there are lots of service manuals on ebay.
willcyprus

Post by willcyprus »

Will it give a full disassembly and reassemble guide? Also I've thought of just buying a new motor but havn't been able to find one.

Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

For rebuilding the engine, I just use the service manual for the torque specs. If you are an auto mechanic, you will quickly see that there isn't much to rebuilding one of these. That is the beauty of a 2-stroke.

Anyway, there is a lot of great info in this thread.

And there are a couple of videos on how I've put these engines together here.

I'm not sure you could buy a complete, new engine when the KDX's were still being made. Even if those existed then, I would guess one would be impossible to find now. You can send your engine off to have it rebuilt, but I think if you spend some time looking at it, you'll see there is no need for that and you can handle it yourself.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

If you can turn a wrench, grab a manual and have at that thing. It's even more simple than your average lawn mower engine.
willcyprus

Post by willcyprus »

Well thank you guys alot I'm currently digging into it have a manual on the way and once I get my head in it I'll update y'all. Current state of the bike. ImageImage