Upgraded lighting coil

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Jpm1109

Upgraded lighting coil

Post by Jpm1109 »

I read in the "best of The best mods" that a high output (100w) coil is available through "the site". Is that this site or did he forget to mention what site? I didn't see where any products are sold on this forum. Thanks in advance for clarification. I would love to be able to buy a coil rather than going through the tedious process of a rewind :cool:
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Upgraded lighting coil

Post by Tyl3r »

I felt the same. Through reading on here and talking with others, I have found that electric motor repair shops can do the rewinding for you for a fee. But if you want to buy one already one and just solder it on (like I did), check out RickyStator.com. I have read good and bad things about them online. I had a good experience with them, and it seems to be working just fine (never tested the output come to think of it... I should probably do that). I also think that Baja Designs sells rewound stators or can rewind yours for you.
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
Jpm1109

Post by Jpm1109 »

Thx for the info. I'll check'em out
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

steahlyoffroad sells a 65w unit, which I believe is rated pretty conservatively. I've been using one for years now with no issues.