Parts needed

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
rparrish08

Parts needed

Post by rparrish08 »

Hi guys. I'm working on a second h series Kdx I got cheap as a surprise for my brother as a graduation present. The bike ran but bogged at low rpm's. I put a new top end in it even though the compression was within spec. I pulled the carb and cleaned it thoroughly. Reeds are fine. After all of this it still bogged at low rpm's. Then I kicked myself! The KIPS was disconnected and was stuck wide open. The govenor pin that is notorious for breaking isn't the culprit. Instead it's the retainer pin and screw that are missing allowing the acctuator to freely move up and down disconnecting the paw from the KIPS gear. Parts number 220AA0306 and 92043-1293. I'm on a really tight budget on this build and Kawasaki wants $18 (with shipping) for these 2 tiny parts. So before I pull the trigger and let Kawasaki rob me, I was hoping that someone on this forum may have this pin and screw lying around unused that they would be willing to part with.

Thanks guys!
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7
Jim B

Parts needed

Post by Jim B »

rparrish08 wrote:Parts number 220AA0306 and 92043-1293. I'm on a really tight budget on this build and Kawasaki wants $18 (with shipping) for these 2 tiny parts.
Where are you buying your parts? I just checked Partzilla and the list prices on those two parts are $0.28 and $4.52.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parts needed

Post by 6 Riders »

Jim B wrote:
rparrish08 wrote:Parts number 220AA0306 and 92043-1293. I'm on a really tight budget on this build and Kawasaki wants $18 (with shipping) for these 2 tiny parts.
Where are you buying your parts? I just checked Partzilla and the list prices on those two parts are $0.28 and $4.52.
Rmatv has $7.00 shipping. So that brings you in under $15.00.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Jim B

Re: Parts needed

Post by Jim B »

By buying them from a Kawi dealer he shouldn't have to pay shipping. :naughty: (Guess it might make sense to pay the shipping if there isn't a dealer close by...)
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Jim B wrote:By buying them from a Kawi dealer he shouldn't have to pay shipping. :naughty: (Guess it might make sense to pay the shipping if there isn't a dealer close by...)
yes, but he will pay much more for the parts and have to wait for weeks.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

"Much" more? The total combined list price is $4.80. :blink:
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I'm just saying, prices will be higher at the dealer.
rparrish08

Post by rparrish08 »

Thanks guys, I initially had these parts in a cart at Kawasaki parts house and they were nearly $20 with shipping. I ordered from patrzilla as Jim b suggested and came in around $10. I still get irritated thinking how these two tiny parts are costing me $10 when their combined production probably cost less than a cent. But you gotta pay to play I guess. Thanks again for the help guys.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7