KDX 200 'H' series KIPS valves

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Davenay67

KDX 200 'H' series KIPS valves

Post by Davenay67 »

I know that there are aftermarket KIPS valves for the 'E' series KDx, such as those made by BDK engineering.

Are there any aftermarket KIPS valves for the 'H' series, or are we limited to OEM from Kawasaki?

At this point I don't know what is wrong with mine. They don't move when the engine is revved, so no idea what is just stuck versus actually broken. And id broken, what is broken?

Thanks..!!
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: KDX 200 'H' series KIPS valves

Post by Tedh98 »

No aftermarket H valves. They usually dont break if the KIPS system doesnt get too far gunked/carboned up.
Davenay67

Post by Davenay67 »

Tedh98 wrote:No aftermarket H valves. They usually dont break if the KIPS system doesnt get too far gunked/carboned up.
Thanks..!!

Good to know. I guess my next step is to tear things down enough to determine what is gunked or broken.
Chilly

Post by Chilly »

Yeah he is right. No after market parts. I had 2 broken parts in my kips. One piece that broke on mine you can check with out taking it apsrt. On the left side of the bike there is a kips cover. Look to the left of that and there is a cover that is slotted for removal with a screw driver. The small round gear inside is what broke on my bike.