New Neighbors / NO RIDING :(

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New Neighbors / NO RIDING :(

Post by C George »

The 200 acre parcel " top of the mountain " behind us just sold over the last week and there's already
surveyers tape marking the back border of our 10 acres.

NOT FUNNY !! Yes , we've had access to it for the last 25 years but dam now we have two trails
that dead end 500 ft. into the woods.

I really didn't want to plate these bikes but I may have no other choice.

We always commented that " nobody will ever buy that land as it's all ledge " .
That was true untill a couple from Arizona with a fat wallet buys it and has no problem
putting 100,000 into a driveway to get there.
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟
Sgt.harper48
Supporting Member

Re: New Neighbors / NO RIDING :(

Post by Sgt.harper48 »

And the worst part is it'll either sit there and go unused, no home, no driveway, no nothing. Either way that really sucks. Seems like stuff like that happens everyday. Like down here the dirt and asphalt oval tracks for cars have been (most of them) running Friday or Saturday nights for well over 40 years and then people buy land knowing this and then gripe about the noise a week after bldg a house and moving in. Then out of nowhere rules about hours of operation or basically forcing them to run once a year or something ridiculous like that comes into play. And they wonder why people get caught riding in places they aren't supposed to. Sorry for jacking your thread but I've been there and it ticks me off. End of rant. :toimonster:
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by C George »

You didn't jack a thing ,,, it's all related.

Probably just over thinking it as my wife says " you can still ride on our property " :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

My favorite place to ride with my dad, the place my dad taught me to ride and had been open since before he moved to ohio was bought by the church camp down the road specifically to shut it down.
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

I've seen signs that said "closed" going across trail heads before. I was laughing so hard I had to get off the bike. how the $#@& do you close a forest?

I understand the biggest argument is either "is a liability of someone gets hurt" and the other is "the noise is terrible!"

but the first can be eliminated with a waiver and the second by.... waiting 10 seconds until the bike is on the next ridge.

I've sat and listened in the woods before as friends arrived or left, and at the most out was thirty seconds from right next to me to "I can't hear them anymore".

if I strained and held my breath I might hear a back fire or rev a minute later, if the wind was blowing just right, in perfect silence.

keep in mind we're talking about MINES that were abandoned 50 years ago, and ridden by horses, bikes, dirt bikes, Jeeps, buggies, and everything in between, and if you see a ridge or valley, it was made that way by bulldozer!

now, we have signs that says " do not disturb the vegetation, is delicate and in rehabilitation! " around the foot paths. there are ruins we used to jump off of because of a dare, and land in soft pine thickets.... but today's kids see WARNING ! signs and freaking hand rails around anything more than a mole hill.

hilarious