KDX200 is ready to run....I think lol

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Sgt.harper48
Supporting Member

KDX200 is ready to run....I think lol

Post by Sgt.harper48 »

Well after much helpful info from you guys and about 440 dollars later I have replaced all non working or close to dead parts on my machine. Put fresh premix in the old metal can and am super excited to fire her up. Only question now is I used hondabond hi temp silicon for the joining of the silencer and collector like FMF suggested. It mostly cures in about 15 hours and completely cures in about 2 to 3 days says the packaging for the hondabond. Question is how long before I can crank her up and let her idle for a bit without ruining the hondabond stuff I just put on about an hour ago ? Will take some pics and post them in a little while. And I did decide to get new plastics but I'm going to wait to change them out until these have really had it.
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: KDX200 is ready to run....I think lol

Post by jjavaman »

I'd wait until tomorrow, I know it's hard but you don't want to have to blow that stuff out of there. I use high temp silicone where the pipe plugs into the cylinder and hate the wait!!
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

Haha... like a kid before Christmas! Its frustrating because you now want to know if she fires up, but I'd also wait until it cures properly.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

I usually put it together without the sealant fire it up ride it around the block then pull the pipe off and seal it up :lol:
Gets the itch out of your system till the next day totally worth the extra time so you can sleep without thinking about how she'll run
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.