KDX Fork Seal Bushings

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
JoMa

KDX Fork Seal Bushings

Post by JoMa »

I'm replacing the fork seals in my 2003 KDX 200. The two guide bushings on the inner tube appear to have some type of coating on them that is starting to come off at the edges. Is this something to worry about? Should I replace them or is this normal? Thanks.
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

KDX Fork Seal Bushings

Post by canamfan »

It's normal for them to wear, they are wear items. Yes I would replace them.
JoMa

KDX Fork Seal Bushings

Post by JoMa »

canamfan wrote:It's normal for them to wear, they are wear items. Yes I would replace them.
Thanks! In looking at the parts diagram, are they part #92028 and part #44018?
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: KDX Fork Seal Bushings

Post by bufftester »

Always replace the seals, wipers and bushings together. No need to use OEM, there are several good aftermarket sets available (All Balls, Pivot Works, MSR...) that cost less (you can do both forks for about the cost of 2 OEM oil seals)
JoMa

Re: KDX Fork Seal Bushings

Post by JoMa »

bufftester wrote:Always replace the seals, wipers and bushings together. No need to use OEM, there are several good aftermarket sets available (All Balls, Pivot Works, MSR...) that cost less (you can do both forks for about the cost of 2 OEM oil seals)
Thanks...I found a bushing kit through Pro-X. I already have the seal kit from All Balls.