rear brake pedal

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Kdx kiwi

rear brake pedal

Post by Kdx kiwi »

Just wondering if anyone knows of a aftermarket rear brake pedal?
Mine is pretty flogged out.
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

rear brake pedal

Post by turtle »

Kdx kiwi wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows of a aftermarket rear brake pedal?
Mine is pretty flogged out.
I've looked and not found aftermarket. I might learn something here myself though.
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
MichaelPee

Re: rear brake pedal

Post by MichaelPee »

I can not find one either. Maybe someone knows if there are brake pedals made for other, more modern bikes, that will work?
MichaelPee

Post by MichaelPee »

KDX Kiwi and Turtle, I took the plunge. I just ordered a 2004 KX 250 F brake pedal from ebay. $10 delivered. It looks close to the stock one. Once I get it I will see if it works or what kinds of mods will need to be done to make it work. Then I will post here for you guys. BTW I picked this particular one because it looks like Tusk and Hammerhead offer really nice aftermarket ones. I will keep you posted.
19Delta
Supporting Member

Post by 19Delta »

MichaelPee wrote:KDX Kiwi and Turtle, I took the plunge. I just ordered a 2004 KX 250 F brake pedal from ebay. $10 delivered. It looks close to the stock one. Once I get it I will see if it works or what kinds of mods will need to be done to make it work. Then I will post here for you guys. BTW I picked this particular one because it looks like Tusk and Hammerhead offer really nice aftermarket ones. I will keep you posted.
I'm interested as well!
MichaelPee

Post by MichaelPee »

Ok the long and the short of it is that it can not be done. I initially thought it could as the profiles of the 2 pedals were very similar. The KX 250 one was a little bit longer but the pivot point was the same so no biggie. Plus the KX pedal was nice piece of aluminum that weighed half the weight I thought, bitchen. Problem is when you put it on it impacts with the case. Since its cast aluminum you cant bend it and if you make a spacer for it the rear will not line up with the brake. So bottom line, NO GO. Too bad. :cry:
BTW I tried to post pics but couldn't. Sorry.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

rear brake pedal

Post by SS109 »

I think an '06-'08 KX250f lever could be made to work. You would need a bushing to fill the gap and would have to figure out a good bolt/washer combo but it would not be hitting the case if adjusted down fully. No, I don't plan on adapting it to work as I don't feel the need for it. Just thought I would share the info.

Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R