Tear down soft parts shopping list, new bike & Intro!! Pics!

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
spam16v
Supporting Member

Tear down soft parts shopping list, new bike & Intro!! Pics!

Post by spam16v »

Well, got a new to me 95 200. First ride around the yard yielded fork oil running down the legs and leaving puddles. Tear down, yielded bad bushing in one leg. Full Monte action. Cue today's transgressions... don't tighten the cartridge nut too much they said, remove two shims they said, don't go too tight they said... snap. Fire up lathe, drill out, tap for 5mm button head allen, drill allen out on mini lathe, back in business, see hack-master-flex in action below. So... after all that, got a can set up for pre-mix, got me some Maxima castor oil that came with it, mix it up, change out the stale crap, Time for a Rip Eh! Runs good. Don't have much 2stroke experience, so not sure of the slight bobble way down low is normal, or just the nature of the beast. But... when shifting up slowly 4th sometimes is missing, like not there... shift drum bound, or something, not sure what. Varies between gears depending on load/how hard it's being ridden. Cases need to come apart if I can't pull the right side cover and find a broken spring/pawl/or whatever else. If I am gonna man up, buy the Tusk assortment of crap I need and just go through it. Plan is to re-ring, and inspect, crank seals for grins, and that's about it beyond fixing whatever I find, what else should I expect? Engine looks like it's been tore down, and painted. The head and jug nuts don't have paint on them, nor do the cases, it's clean as a whistle. Advice?

FU bushing driver!! lol, worked great!! wrapped the chrome in electrical tape, taped 2 old bushings together, and tapped right in like a boss.
spam16v
Supporting Member

Re: Tear down soft parts shopping list, new bike & Intro!! P

Post by spam16v »

NWS for language. Nothing beyond a few curse words.

[youtube][/youtube]