EXPLODED VIEW IS MISSING 2 PARTS!!!????

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Paparex
Supporting Member

Post by Paparex »

2001 kdx 200 water pump, when i look at the exploded view there are 2 parts missing . the black rubber "cup" seal and the hard white washer that contacts the mechanical seal??? what the heck no one i call seems to know what im talking about. do you guy's?? PLEASE HELP :wah: :wah: THESE SET INSIDE THE BACK OF THE IMPELLER.
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kx200 »

That is a good one the Kawasaki parts show https://www.kawasakiepc.com/SystemSearc ... earchAll=1

Look under (engine covers)
BALL BEARING 601B6201U
SEAL-OIL,SC12 28.555 92049-1259
SEAL-MECHANICAL 49063-1055
O" RING,6M/M 670B1506
IMPELLER 59256-1063
In that order
Paparex
Supporting Member

Re: EXPLODED VIEW IS MISSING 2 PARTS!!!????

Post by Paparex »

Thats exactly right as far as the exploded view goes, but it is still missing 2 parts. I have looked at every print I can find even called the dealership and they show the same. my question is why is it missing these two parts? do they come with the impeller? the two parts in question are a a rubber cup shaped insert ( fits perfectly in the back of the impeller and a hard white washer that fits perfectli inside that and that is what mates against the mechanical seal. but those 2 parts are not shown on an exploded view. why? and where can I get them? its driving me crazy!
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kx200 »

I would give Jeff Fredette a call
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I see all the parts on RMATV, goes like this;
Impeller
(B) O-Ring + Mechanical Seal
Seal-Oil
Bearing.

The (B) reference is the two parts inside the impeller, the Seal-Oil is the seal that goes inside the case, behind the bearing, which comes apart, into 2 pieces.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Paparex
Supporting Member

Post by Paparex »

If the "B" reference is the parts in the impeller I wonder why it doesnt show them, do they come with the impeller ? because there is no reference for them in the list of parts to even purchase them. strange stuff.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I bought a set from rmatv, all 4 parts needed. I'm not sure where you are looking, but I can see the PN, price and stock level.

O RING,6MM
Part# 670B1506
Price: $0.63

SEAL-MECHANICAL,WATER
Part# 49063-1055
(replaces part #
49063-1002)
Price: $12.24

SEAL-OIL,SC12 28.555
Part# 92049-1259
Price: $5.55

BEARING-BALL,#6201LUC3/2A
Part# 601B6201U
Price: $9.70

Yes, replace the bearing if/when you do the water pump seals!
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Paparex
Supporting Member

Post by Paparex »

i looked on RMATV just now, there not listed, they show the shaft/gear,,the bearing,, the oil seal,, the mechanical seal,, the o ring ,, the impeler,, and the nut. the other 2 parts are not listed. 7 parts on there I have 9 parts on my bike
Paparex
Supporting Member

Post by Paparex »

its not showing the rubber cupped insert and the white washer that goes inside it and they both go into the back of the impeler
Paparex
Supporting Member

Post by Paparex »

unless those two parts come with the mechanical seal and the expanded view shows them on it and not separated like the rest of the parts.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

The mechanical seal IS the seal that goes on the impeller, the OIL seal is the 2 (or 3) piece seal that goes into the clutch cover, behind the bearing. The impeller shaft goes thru this seal. The O-Ring goes into the impeller before the mechanical seal.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Oops, now I see your confusion. The Mechanical seal is the part that goes into the clutch cover. It comes apart into a few pieces, but you only need to order the one. Then there is the oil seal and the O-Ring that go on the impeller. I did do my water pump when I first bought my bike...Those are the 3 (plus the bearing, making 4 parts) parts that you need. Be careful installing the mechanical seal, I broke the first on I put in and had to order a second :doh: !
Paparex
Supporting Member

Post by Paparex »

Thanks for the responses, I ordered parts so hopefully I get everything i need, shaft looks good still smooth no groove and the bearing seems good, i think someone recently replaced these . I just bought it and it needed a re-plate piston etc.. so I decided to just go through the rest of it.
Paparex
Supporting Member

Post by Paparex »

:supz: :supz:
6 Riders wrote:Oops, now I see your confusion. The Mechanical seal is the part that goes into the clutch cover. It comes apart into a few pieces, but you only need to order the one. Then there is the oil seal and the O-Ring that go on the impeller. I did do my water pump when I first bought my bike...Those are the 3 (plus the bearing, making 4 parts) parts that you need. Be careful installing the mechanical seal, I broke the first on I put in and had to order a second :doh: !
Right on!! :supz: I recieved my parts and those 2 other pieces came with the mechanical seal. Thanks 6 riders!!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

You're welcome. I had done my seal a few months ago, so I just checked my order for it. I didn't notice at firs(2nd or 3rd) that they had those parts reversed in the diagram.