New to me '90 KDX200

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
dakotarider

New to me '90 KDX200

Post by dakotarider »

Greeting from the Pacific North West! I recently aquired a '90 KDX 200 that ran about 10 years ago. I replaced the oil, air filter, spark plug and put fresh mix in it. I also cleaned the carb and installed a rebuild kit. Now, I can't get it to fire. I get good spark and can see slight fuel spray out of the spark plug hole when kicking it over. My friend did have an issue 10-12 years ago with a woodruf key but I am unsure of what it was all about. I really need to get this thing fired up and enjoy it! Other things I have done so far was to rebuild the brake calipers, forks and install new bars, grips and a front fender. I know I should have gotten it running first but I figured it would be running by now and ordered all the goodies in one order! Saw this site from advrider and thought it would be good to join over here for specific KDX information! Thanks in advance!
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: New to me '90 KDX200

Post by s10gto »

Welcome to the forum! Make sure you have good compression too. May feel ok by the kick starter but check it with a gauge to be sure. Good luck!