Rear tail light

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
TN Dirtrider

Rear tail light

Post by TN Dirtrider »

Just starting tinkering with the '00 200 I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Lights weren't working on either end when I bought it. Got the headlight working (broken wire). There is another broken wire going to the rear light. I went ahead and checked continuity at the rear light, and I have continuity with the light switch in either position. That makes me think that the tail light is on all the time. Is that correct?? The switch works fine for turning the headlight on and off.

My tail light also didn't have a bulb in it. I think I have an LED light that was designed to work in a bass boat live well that I may wire up in the tail. Should be plenty bright.
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rear tail light

Post by Sullyfam »

Taillight should turn on and off with the switch the same as the front light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postigo »

Hi, no the on/off switch works for the front and rear light at the same time.
About the LED tail light I bought one at eBay for a cheap +/- $4.00 shipped and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Doctor says I have multiple personality desorder... But we are not agree...
TN Dirtrider

Post by TN Dirtrider »

I wired up the 3 light live well LED and it works fine, goes off and on with the switch. Not sure what I was doing wrong when checking continuity. My switch is a little "sticky" so it must not have been really switching off.

Will take the bike outside at dusk and see how bright it is. These lights were plenty bright enough in the boat, but who knows on the back of a dirt bike. Best thing is that is didn't cost me anything, have had these lights sitting in a box in my garage for a couple of years.