coolant plug

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Kay Dee Eckz

coolant plug

Post by Kay Dee Eckz »

So I went to go change the coolant and the drain plug under the water pump is stripped to ****, I guess im in the market for a new plug. :roll:

I've been looking at the oem schematics and can't seem to find out which one is the coolant plug(maybe it's because i'm stupid). Could anyone help me with this. It's a '95 if that matters.
patricktjms

Re: coolant plug

Post by patricktjms »

I believe the plug you are after is a Kawasaki # 132BD0810 and 92022-1488 would be the crush washer for it.
Its not rocket surgery...
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I looked also, got the same part #. I buy crush washers from Napa or the like for 1/10th the price. You might be able to find that bolt in a "bolt kit" from the local shop for $10, but you also get a bunch of spare bolts...who doesn't need those? I believe it's a standard thread bolt, but flanged and short.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
patricktjms

Post by patricktjms »

definately get the crush washers from your local auto parts store. They usually have them 2 or 3 to a card or keep an assortment in the back to match it up to. It will save you money thats for sure. And you have the choice of going copper, aluminum, or teflon.
Its not rocket surgery...
Kay Dee Eckz

coolant plug

Post by Kay Dee Eckz »

Thanks for the help guys, honestly I don't know what I'd do without this place.