when did Kawasaki first make the H series

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
JBM KDX

when did Kawasaki first make the H series

Post by JBM KDX »

As I have just brought a 94 H series 12/94 on plate ... would the number on the plate state what build number it was ,,,,be interested to see how close it was to the very first H series KDX
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: when did Kawasaki first make the H series

Post by 6 Riders »

1995 was the first H series, but remember, just like cars, the bikes are built BEFORE the actual year changes, so a 95 would likely be built in 94. I should check to see when mine was made.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
JBM KDX

Post by JBM KDX »

Right even on the rims it has 94 .....so even though it's really a 95 it's plated as 94
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Both my bikes have the proper model year on the "emissions sticker", it's the white sticker on the head tube just forward of the VIN #. Mine states "this 1995 model...blah blah". The 94 is registered as a 93.....don't figure. I swear I found the build date at one point, but I don't recall where is was located, and it said 93 on it.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type