Do you want to keep this section?

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Since the H bike is the most prevalent, and 90% of the threads in the general Q&A are H bike related, do we need to keep the H series section? I can move the stickies, of course. I was thinking of bulking the other models together. C/E bikes, etc, together. This H series forum sees very little action. My ultimate goal is to simplify the forum layout, and consolidate some of the data. We're growing, but we're still a small site. I don't think we have enough threads/posts to warrant having 41 different forums. What do the few of you that post in this section think?

Thanks

J.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

There is seven post from the last six and a half years. :hmm: But being that it is a "Reference" section probably most of the post that could be in here start as questions and end with a proven result so end up just staying in the general Q&A.

With the search function most of the Reference sections could be done away with. Or when some things get sorted out could be moved to the appropriate Reference topic.

Or, would it be better to have an "H" general Q&A, an "E" general Q&A, ect..... No that would probably be an even bigger mess.

In conclusion my vote goes for, I love bacon.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Do you want to keep this section?

Post by Julien D »

Can never go wrong with Bacon. I guess I envision the "reference" section, becoming a "maintenance" section. Which would have the "special tools", "jets and needles", "product reviews", "rb", "fork conversion", etc. The "general kdx discussion", becomes "kdx discussion", with General, the c, e, and 250 sections, hybrid section, other makes, etc. Then the site input and off topic get some attention, or maybe stay the same. I think we could trim it down to about 20 forums, with none of them being too full of posts to be able to search effectively.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

i agree, simpler is usually better.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Would it be possible to do one of those test things before the real site changes? Maybe give it a few days for the people interested to look it over and give some input? If not, you have been doing a fine job steering the ship so far.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yes, that is absolutely possible. Easy, actually. I'll post something in the announcements when I get it set up on the test forum.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Make the model specific forums a read only forum. Then, YOU pull good threads from the Q & A section that are model specfifc and COPY and PASTE them into the model section. Make a big stickie to point out it is a read only forum and what/where/why the posts are there.

Simplifying the whole site sounds great. CONDENSE! :)
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Jason wrote:Make the model specific forums a read only forum. Then, YOU pull good threads from the Q & A section that are model specfifc and COPY and PASTE them into the model section. Make a big stickie to point out it is a read only forum and what/where/why the posts are there.

Yep, that sounds like the way to go.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Jason wrote:Make the model specific forums a read only forum. Then, YOU pull good threads from the Q & A section that are model specfifc and COPY and PASTE them into the model section. Make a big stickie to point out it is a read only forum and what/where/why the posts are there.

That is what those forums were originally intended to be, reference material, not discussion. I need to update my test forum, and then I can start re-arranging some stuff over there. Thanks for the input!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thank you for asking! Keep up the great work.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Test forum is: http://kdxrider.net/test

Existing accounts are there, so you can log in with your existing creds. Posting is disabled, or should be anyway. I started moving some things around over the weekend. There is a lot of work to be done, but you can see what has been moved to the general section. The polls section is gone, with those polls being moved to either ask the mods or general kdx. Some forums are renamed, and I think things are placed more appropriately. The big task is this reference section, and figuring which threads to keep there and which to move....