Carb Questions!

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Bstreet2307

Carb Questions!

Post by Bstreet2307 »

Hey whats up guys I have been on here for just a little bit looking around trying to learn all the bike lingo lol and some of the terms bc I have worked on hondas most of my adult life so bear with me cause im a newb when it comes to bikes. Anyways I have a 97 KDX 200 and I cant seen to get the carb right. 1st and 2nd gear it really boggs down and has a hard time taking off but when 3rd comes around boom its a brand new bike! drives perfect. I have did what I thought I needed to do adjusted the air screw, clean the carb ect but that is about as far as my knowledge goes. It starts fine and will idle fine just first and second sucks. And i think that the float might be the problem bc when I cut the bike off gas will start pouring out of the overflow line on the carb if the gas isnt cut off. Any suggestions?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Carb Questions!

Post by Julien D »

Sounds like your float valve may need replacing. You will notice the tab on the float pushes a small brass needle up into the fuel inlet to stop the fuel flow when the bowl is full. There is a small rubber tip on that needle which can wear out and allow fuel to pass when it should be closed off. I would also check your float height.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Carb Questions!

Post by scheckaet »

Bstreet2307

Carb Questions!

Post by Bstreet2307 »

Thanks I'll look at it tomorrow I'm just stumped when it comes to motorcycles lol. If it was a Honda an I had a flashpro I would be golden so this is new territory for me.