violet fork boots

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
moto619

violet fork boots

Post by moto619 »

I am looking for violet fork boots for a 96 KDX 200 does anyone know if any after market companies make them?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: violet fork boots

Post by KDXGarage »

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Daystar is an aftermarket brand of fork boots. I am not sure if they still make them in purple, but they used to.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
moto619

violet fork boots

Post by moto619 »

Thank You I will look into that
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

I was not able to find daystar in purple, and a pair of original factory purple is like $100.... so I went with daystar in black.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
ZacKdxtreme
Supporting Member

violet fork boots

Post by ZacKdxtreme »

This is sad news. I just picked up a kdx and the violet boots are torn. I was wanting to stick with the purple but doesn't look like I'm going to since the price tag is hefty
95 KDX 200
98 KDX 200
18 KTM300XC
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

If you can wait, they pop up from time to time on ebay. If you feel like spending over 70 a piece for them: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-49006 ... iI&vxp=mtr
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
Skoalman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skoalman »

Good suggestion Tyl3r.

Zack, I was having the same dilemma with my recently acquired 96 KDX 200. I restore alot of vintage bikes and sometimes rather than buying a new part, I'll cosmetically resurrect a soft part. My violet fork boots on my KDX were pretty ate up as well and I didn't feel like kicking out $140.00 for a pair of fork boots -- that's just kinda crazy. In the end, I just went with the black fork boots. HOWEVER, the MacGyver side of brain was telling -- "buy the new boots, and then buy some purple/violet spray paint that adhere to rubber or plastic, and then clear coat it." I've done this several times on vintage projects and it turned out rather nice -- and held up well.

Just tossing ideas out there for you.
ZacKdxtreme
Supporting Member

violet fork boots

Post by ZacKdxtreme »

SkoalMan. How does that hold up in the woods though. I have a buddy that paints for a living so I could get tthem cleared for cheap. But I was just curious on how it would hold up in the woods.

Thanks!
95 KDX 200
98 KDX 200
18 KTM300XC
Skoalman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skoalman »

Zack,

I've done this old vintage soft rubber parts (engine aprons, fender flaps, etc...no fork boots though) that were useable but cosmetically challenged. These bikes are usually ridden a few times a year...some trail ridden only and some raced in a couple of vintage events. They've held up. Mind you they didn't get ridden as hard as my modern bikes, but they've withstood enough debris to the point where I haven't felt the need to do any touch up.

Like any painting project, I think it always comes down to the prep. Regarding the KDX fork boots though, I just went with the black fork boots and called it a day...I have some work and motorcycle projects that I'm currently dealing with, and just didn't feel like the devoting the time and effort to paint the boots. I paid 25.00 or so for my Daystar fork boots. Better than spending a $140.