Anybody here from Washington?

Reviews of riding areas...
Little Jeff

Anybody here from Washington?

Post by Little Jeff »

Was just wondering if there is anybody here from Washington? We should hook up and have just a KDX ride somewhere. I usually ride stuff like Taneum, Devils Gulch, Belfair, just good old fashioned singletrack stuff, nothing that will kill you though.
Little Jeff
Riding with your buddies and an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal.
island220
Supporting Member

Post by island220 »

Just moved to lacey, moving bike next weekend, and will be ready to ride :supz:
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

We could have a quick rip out at Belfair when you get up and running. I know some pretty good singletrack out there :grin:
Riding with your buddies and an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal.
island220
Supporting Member

Post by island220 »

Sounds good will give a shout as soon as I get her here
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Hey,

What about us Oregonians? Is this some sort of anit-Oregon discrimination :wink:

I like to ride at Capitol forest and would be willing to drive up to Tahuya as well. I really want to hit Tahuya this winter as all of our stuff down here is shut down that time of year.

I bet WR450 Steve would be in for a run up North as well.

Maybe we could con the S. Oregon clan into driving North as well.
'
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

>|<>QBB<
firffighter wrote:Hey,

What about us Oregonians? Is this some sort of anit-Oregon discrimination :wink:

I like to ride at Capitol forest and would be willing to drive up to Tahuya as well. I really want to hit Tahuya this winter as all of our stuff down here is shut down that time of year.

I bet WR450 Steve would be in for a run up North as well.

Maybe we could con the S. Oregon clan into driving North as well.
No discrimination meant. I just didn't think anybody from Oregon would be interested in coming all the way up here, but I was wrong. I apologize. Gifford might be a little closer for you guys from oregon. You ever ride there?
As far as Capital Forest, I'd rather ride gravel roads. To me, that place sucks! Tahuya is much better with a better selection of trails, it holds alot of water in the winter time, so bring your raingear. When does Tillamook shut down? I always wanted to ride that place. If we get a few more people interested, let's start planning a date. I just wish it would rain a little bit first, really dry and dusty up here right now.
Little Jeff
firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

I dont like Capitol near the staging areas for sure, but the stuff that is up in the woods seemed like pretty good woods riding. Last year we rode from Middle Waddel and after we went about 5 miles up (west) the trails were in great shape and no quads to be found. I've never staged at Rock Candy, but sounds like some pretty good stuff from there to Porter Ck.

Tillamook is open now. Just rode 50 miles there yesterday. Epic. It gets sketchy come about November with the rain and slime and is quite challenging, but still fun.

I dont mind driving a couple of hours. Heck, it takes me nearly 2 hrs to get to the Burn from my house because of the drive through Portland traffic. Hood River is 90 min. So, 2 1/2 hrs. to Capitol is not too bad.

I really want to try Tahuya as well.

Fall is my favorite time to ride for sure. Maybe a late Sept. early Oct. run?

I'm in!
'
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

I think you will really like Tahuya. I think it has some of the best singletrack the state of Wa has to offer.Sounds like Tahuya might be a good bet for the ride. Like firffighter said, possibly late September.
Little Jeff
island220
Supporting Member

Post by island220 »

Finally got bike, went to straddleline last week lots of good trails thinking I might ride the poker run out of middle waddle on Sunday, any kdxers going
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

What about the first or second weekend in October for a ride out at Belfair (Tahuya State Forest)? That would be awesome if every single bike was a KDX. I do know quite a bit of singletrack out at Belfair. I'm usually good for about 40-50 miles max, then I want off my bike. So what do you guys think?
Little Jeff
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

Well, who's goiung to come out and play the first or second weekend in October? It will be a Saturday.
Little Jeff
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

I'm ready, anytime after this saturday. I have worked every weekend and holiday this summer and finally I get my weekends back. I'm in the south sound area, I'm sure Shelton is good as well as Belfair.
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

Lets roll this Friday or Saturday 16th 17th of October
Little Jeff
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

Can't this weekend. :cry:
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

Maybe the following weekend?
Little Jeff
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

OK, who wants to come out to Tahuya this Saturday?
Little Jeff
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

Put me down as a maybe.
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

Sorry Jeff, we have a flat track race in Puyallup on saturday. Mid-week is good for me right now, I am off work for a while.
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
Little Jeff

Post by Little Jeff »

Maybe next time, We have all fall and winter
Little Jeff
MXOldtimer

Post by MXOldtimer »

>|<>QBB<
saddletramp wrote:Sorry Jeff, we have a flat track race in Puyallup on saturday. Mid-week is good for me right now, I am off work for a while.
Puyallup...............takes me back. I remember watching Jim Pomeroy on a Bultaco Pursang tear up the motocross track there.

????????????????? 1972 ???????????????
04 KX-250 Hey.....at least it's green and smokes.
06 KDX-200 for off road play. Gone but not forgotten
07 KX-250F SOLD! I thump no more.