San Bernardino County Crackdown

Reviews of riding areas...
maicocpa

San Bernardino County Crackdown

Post by maicocpa »

I've been riding at Wild Wash Road North of Victorville for 18+ years and never been hassled; even had sheriffs drive through and wave at me. Last week a guy in a county enforcement truck pulls up as I am unloading my bike and tells me that due to a new law passed over the summer no one is allowed to ride on any property without written permission from the owner ( I was surprised to find it was private property as it is a sizeable area - always assumed it was county property). He also handed me a flyer with all the new regulations. Riding is now allowed only in State OHV areas. Also, no groups of more than 10 riders can stage in the same area without written permission from the county. First fine $200, second offense $400, third offense $1,000 and possible jail time.

Sux to lose such a diverse riding area.

I moved over to Stoddard OHV area which is a lot more rocky than Wild Wash.
2006 KDX 200, Bunch o' Maicos, Bunch o' kids' bikes
Ondatrail

Re: San Bernardino County Crackdown

Post by Ondatrail »

>|<>QBB<
maicocpa wrote:I've been riding at Wild Wash Road North of Victorville for 18+ years and never been hassled; even had sheriffs drive through and wave at me. Last week a guy in a county enforcement truck pulls up as I am unloading my bike and tells me that due to a new law passed over the summer no one is allowed to ride on any property without written permission from the owner ( I was surprised to find it was private property as it is a sizeable area - always assumed it was county property). He also handed me a flyer with all the new regulations. Riding is now allowed only in State OHV areas. Also, no groups of more than 10 riders can stage in the same area without written permission from the county. First fine $200, second offense $400, third offense $1,000 and possible jail time.

Sux to lose such a diverse riding area.

I moved over to Stoddard OHV area which is a lot more rocky than Wild Wash.
They have that "note" law in our town.

Stupid because the cops don't know the woods behind my house and all they can do is wave back when I turn around.
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller