Reviews of riding areas...
Flying W

Looking at dirt biking from my perspective

Post by Flying W »

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Good video quality, but man, I'd be just a little embarrassed to have fallen over sticks and twigs on the trail. Must a been the 4 stroke that caused it.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Flying W

Post by Flying W »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:Good video quality, but man, I'd be just a little embarrassed to have fallen over sticks and twigs on the trail. Must a been the 4 stroke that caused it.
I put it up, so take your swings. No shame here. :supz:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

O.K., thinking that perhaps I might have been a bit harsh, I went back and reviewed that video. You aren't in the least a LITTLE embarrassed?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Flying W

Post by Flying W »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:O.K., thinking that perhaps I might have been a bit harsh, I went back and reviewed that video. You aren't in the least a LITTLE embarrassed?
Hey, everybody goes down. What? Now no one will go riding with me because I got nabbed by a slick stick?
I've got game...here is a site that has a few other vids I made:

Dubs vids

Never trip, stub your toe, spill your drink, kick the leg of the coffee table? Humans make mistakes, at least I do...so what?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'll ride with ya! :grin: I have fallen over standing there on my bike before.... It was a hoot! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'll ride with you. I suggest you check your forks for correct comp/rebound as well as oil level, damping, etc. A stick like that should not make you go down.

Maybe a good steering damper? I'm sure that's a big part of it. If I had to worry about falling at a slick stick like that, riding would begin to scare me. Invest in a damper for your bike and you won't ever worry about a slick stick like that ever again.
Jerry

quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

I certainly wouldn't ride with you. You have a camera to capture for all of eternity my mistakes. :lol: Well, maybe if you lead and don't point that camera backwards. :wink:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
big-air-sinclaire

Post by big-air-sinclaire »

What kind of helmet cam is that?
2005kdx220
Flying W

Post by Flying W »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:I'll ride with you. I suggest you check your forks for correct comp/rebound as well as oil level, damping, etc. A stick like that should not make you go down.

Maybe a good steering damper? I'm sure that's a big part of it. If I had to worry about falling at a slick stick like that, riding would begin to scare me. Invest in a damper for your bike and you won't ever worry about a slick stick like that ever again.
You're killing me! :lol:
Flying W

Post by Flying W »

>|<>QBB<
big-air-sinclaire wrote:What kind of helmet cam is that?
The bullet cam is a typical Sony 480 line job sold all over. It is connected inside my backpack to a 10 year old Sony HandyCam Digital8. I guess I could take some pics of the whole mess and post it up...but a set-up like mine can be easily seen at any number of websites selling helmet cams.

I'll do it if a bunch of you say so...:shh: I am a little afraid somepro might start telling me what I should have bought or how I should have connected it :razz:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

That was probably the best video quality I've seen posted on this site so far. Even the crash didn't have static artifacts and that was quite a rude jolt!
Jerry

GS

Post by GS »

Flying "dubyah"
Even *invisible* sticks sometimes drop me on ma arse! :roll:
macodi

Post by macodi »

Hey can you put a better silencer on your bike? I couldn't hear the Newsboys track!!! :wink:
Mark
Flying W

Post by Flying W »

>|<>QBB<
macodi wrote:Hey can you put a better silencer on your bike? I couldn't hear the Newsboys track!!! :wink:
Newsboys weren't on this clip!!

But I did pick up some packing Sunday as my bike blew a 97db at the race. 99 was the limit so I was 'afeared' for myself! :oops:

Speaking of Newsboys, they are on the Trask at Rush Hour (aka PNW Sampler 1). There's something about the two songs I picked that make me want to watch the clip over and over again (of course, the clip on computer since the quality is so much better). Went to their concert in Salem last month. It was awesome. :prayer:
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

1) As soon as I saw you turn that wheel the instant you hit the log I knew what was coming.
2) I never heard the bike come on pipe. :wink:
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Hah, I've done that before! We were riding up on the mountain and snow was covering some of the trail. There was this small (and I mean SMALL) hill we had to climb, it wouldn't have been bad had there A. not be snow on it and B. not been trees at weird angles across the trail. First time I went the slick log caught my tire and I did "the flying W" over the handle bars. My buddies laughed. Second time around I did the same thing. Finally third go around I made it. I'm so glad no one had a camera! :butthead: :lol:

There are some trails I would love to have a helmet camera one, one in particular is exactly like that Hatfield and McCoy video. It' INTENSE. :shock:
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by 2001kdx »

1) Were is the KDX?
2) How big was that stick, 3"?
Flying W

Post by Flying W »

>|<>QBB<
2001kdx wrote:1) Were is the KDX?
2) How big was that stick, 3"?
1. In the truck...my wife gives me limited access.
2. Not even.