PST SCOTTISH TRIALS Reiter Trails, WA

Reviews of riding areas...
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

PST SCOTTISH TRIALS Reiter Trails, WA

Post by strider80 »

http://www.pugetsoundtrialers.com/Flyers/ppp1-07.pdf

My buddy and I decided to do this event despite the wet and windy weather we have had all winter. It was pouring all the way to Reiter and finally quit part way through the event. I think 20 competitors showed up, with 10 people from the PST organizing the event.

This event consisted of a 6 mile woods route, with 5 special trials sections. The first lap was untimed, with scoring on the trials sections only, the second lap was timed with no regard to the trials sections.

My buddy and I completed one lap......it was a gnarly 6 miles (for those of you familiar, we decended the "Packhorse" trail, wow, steep gnarly, and wet). The trials sections were reasonable, but I had trouble negotiating the tight turns with my KX forks and steering stop. I definetly have a renewed sense of confidence for getting over large rocks and trees now after being forced to tackle them when usually I would go around if possible. But I also have renewed motivation to practice technical riding after watching the trials and skilled fullsize riders easily clear the sections.

We also ascended and descended some solid granite rock faces, a bit unnerving, but they actually provided okay traction. After one lap we were wet, cold and tired and decided to pack it up to fight another day. Some of the sections were dicy enough that a lapse of concentration could lead to bike and bodily harm, so going home was probably the smart choice (that is what I tell myself anyways to hide my wussiness).

So I am sure I will be back to more hybrid trials events now that I know what they are all about, definetly good practice. The trials guys were super nice and were very helpful for advice on the graded sections. One of them let me ride his Gas Gas trials bike, what a trip that was, you can motor up anything.
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)