Juniper Dunes, E. Washington 11-26-06

Reviews of riding areas...
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Juniper Dunes, E. Washington 11-26-06

Post by strider80 »

Well we trekked over to my buddy's place in Richland on Saturday to ride Sunday at Juniper dunes. This was my first trip there and really my first time in sand. After experiencing the nightlife of Richland and taking in a $7 punk rock show we woke up to about an inch of snow on the ground. I figured it would make for an interesting day, but the Richland natives said it would be perfect for the sand. We put in about 33 miles for the day, hardly anyone was out. It was a blast, the KDX did well, probably took a few hours off the life of the top-end on some of the hill climbs, but I think it was alright.

I think it would be too sandy and hot to ride there on a KDX in the summer time.

Loaded up and ready for the snow trek:

It was not too cold, but we geared up with pretty much snowmobile gear:

Check out my sweet hill climb and victory broady.......well not quite how I planned:

Sandpit action:
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Check this out if you like riding dunes - http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_st_anthony.htm

I haven't gone in the last couple of years but the riding is great during the times when the traffic is low - during the week after labor day into October. Devil's dune my favority. I've had my 380s WOT in 5th coming off the dune and before you get to the bottom your backshifting because the g-force is driving the front wheel in the sand and slowing you. If your passing through this way some day stop by and check them out. Peeps from Utah, California and Nevada have overrun the dunes between end of May to Labor day :supz: :lol:

edit - corrected link
Last edited by IdahoCharley on 07:18 pm Dec 06 2006, edited 1 time in total.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You sure like to play opossum! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

That day had more getoffs for me than the entire last year of riding combined. I found out that sand is much more forgiving than trees and rocks!
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)