Tahuya State Forest, 11-11-06

Reviews of riding areas...
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Tahuya State Forest, 11-11-06

Post by strider80 »

Me and a buddy rode at Tahuya yesterday, we really lucked out on the weather, sunny all day until we loaded up the bikes to come home and then it rained like crazy. There were lots of puddles, but it was not too bad, hardly any other people were out on the trails. We rode about 32 miles of double/single track.

It was my buddy Jon's first day on his 1997 RMX250, he has been riding a XR650 forever until now, I finally broke him in on 2-strokes. He was amazed how great he felt at the end of the day since he was not lugging around a huge beast. The RMX is a fun bike, lots of power, plush suspension, I can't believe they were not more popular.

My new Moose mini-bend bars with the extra rise from the adapters are awesome. It is actually comfortable to ride standing up, I went from an occasional stander to standing most of the ride when it made sense. I can't believe put up with those low bars for so long!

I hope we get another sunny day like that this winter!

Not too many pics this time:
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

It doesn't get any better than a day out on the trails with a buddy, now does it.
Glad it wasn't raining for you. From the news reports, it sounds like Washington will follow Atlantis and become submerged soon!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

Dang, I wish I could have made it. I was able to get out and ride with my son in the field across the street. I am still a little concerned that my rings have not seated yet still around 100#. I figured it was time to wind it up and run it hard, it seemed crisp and definetly alot cleaner did not see any spots on my rear fender. I will check comp. again after 5 gal.
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

One of the very few things I do miss about living there is the scenery, the elevation changes, the cool summers, and some of the gnarliest trails in captivity. Do you ever go over to Cle Elum and ride the south side of I-90 at Taneum Creek? That was one of my most favorite places for long weekends.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

>|<>QBB<
bradf wrote:One of the very few things I do miss about living there is the scenery, the elevation changes, the cool summers, and some of the gnarliest trails in captivity. Do you ever go over to Cle Elum and ride the south side of I-90 at Taneum Creek? That was one of my most favorite places for long weekends.
This is the first year that we made it over for a day at Taneum and a day at Little Naches. The riding is incredible over there, for some reason I always thought it was too far away, it is just as close as Tahuya for me. Being able to ride up to 6000ft and get a good look at Rainier is awesome. I hope to ride a lot more at Taneum next Spring.

I can't believe that it did not rain, it rained everyday leading up to Saturday and has rained since.
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

>|<>QBB<
saddletramp wrote:Dang, I wish I could have made it. I was able to get out and ride with my son in the field across the street. I am still a little concerned that my rings have not seated yet still around 100#. I figured it was time to wind it up and run it hard, it seemed crisp and definetly alot cleaner did not see any spots on my rear fender. I will check comp. again after 5 gal.
I will let you know next time we go, hopefully with a couple of days notice:)
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:It doesn't get any better than a day out on the trails with a buddy, now does it.
Glad it wasn't raining for you. From the news reports, it sounds like Washington will follow Atlantis and become submerged soon!!
A lot of areas are unridable right now unless you are crazy and love puddles and mud. There was a Harescramble at a place called Reiter pit yesterday, it is a gnarly place in general, then add 12" of rain and I think it would be rediculous.

Tahuya is mostly sandy/silty so it does not get muddy, just lots of puddles, and there is enough elevation change to keep the water moving.
Last edited by strider80 on 01:24 pm Nov 13 2006, edited 1 time in total.
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Reiter has more medivac flights than Iraq.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

Cool, mid-week is just as good for me as I can usually juggle my schedule.
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80