Henderson Flats Madras Oregon

Reviews of riding areas...
meistro

Henderson Flats Madras Oregon

Post by meistro »

The day after Thanksgiving a freind and I went riding at Henderson Flats. It is located between Madras and Redmond. It is now closed for the season until spring. Elevation is 3000 feet.
This place is a lot of fun. Many interlaced trails, one section has high speed whoops and long straightaways. I was hitting this stuff in 5th gear.
No jumps to speak of, but a lot of twisty rocky trails through small canyons and up and down hillsides. There are also some very lengthy steep, loose rock hills that are certainly a good test. The soil goes from rocky to sandy soil. Not many other riders have been there all the times I have been there. Spring and fall riding I am sure is the best, because summer is sure to be very dusty. It a good place cause its only 2 hours from Portland and it is usually sunny compared to western Oregon.
Now that winter is upon us, its either go to browns camp or Jones creek(now there is a rough workout) or head east over the Cascades to central Oregon and ride at Millican. Hoepfully I will get over there during the next couple of weeks.
And the mighty KDX 200 does very very well against the CR 250 and DRZ400 that my friends have been riding ...mostly its "see you later" and I am waiting for them at the trail intersections. I love this bike!