Ride report - Highland Park, GA

Reviews of riding areas...
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Ride report - Highland Park, GA

Post by KarlP »

Took a trip to Upper Alabama with the family to visit some state parks, a Shakespeare Festival, and visit my folks in Atlanta.
We stayed a day at Highland Park in Georgia. Highland Park has ATV trails, a kiddie MX track, a big grand prix style MX track, and quite a bit of single track.
The trails were well marked and labeled for level of difficulty. The area is very hilly and rocky.
My kid had a great time. He'd never tried hills like they had there, we are flat landers from the Gulf Coast of Alabama. I hadn't had to run trails like that in years, either.

At one point I left my boy at the kiddie track and went off on some of the trails. 3 diamond difficulty was challenging, but they had a 5 diamond "Expert only" I just had to try. Jeeez, tough stuff! Straight up, straight down, rutted all the way, real ball buster. I guess I'm no "expert", but I did make it through in one piece and without falling in a ravine.

If you are ever in the Atlanta GA - Birmingham AL area and want to check it out, I'd recommend it. We were there on a weekday and there was only a couple of other people. There is also a KTM dealership on the property.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
DirtBikeDad
Supporting Member

Post by DirtBikeDad »

I love me some riding at HP. There is an 8 page spread about the place coming out in next months Dirt Rider.

DirtBikeDad
Jeremiah 29:11-13
"That's not flying, it's falling............with Style"
'99 Honda CR250R (Keith)
'99 Honda CR250R (Wilson 15)
'00 Yamaha YFM350 Warrior (Travis 13)
'90 Kawasaki 220 Bayou (Farm Toy)
AST236

Post by AST236 »

A cousin of mine in Anniston told me about that place. Checked out the werbsite. Looks like a fun time. Will have to check it out this spring. Should be about a 4.5 hour drive from here in south Alabama.
Michaelpl

Ride report Highland Park GA

Post by Michaelpl »

Baboon thats pretty close, the house above your mark is the next door neighbour Piranha Park is the paddock above that
26A° 729.81"S 152A°1700.04"E
is the pit area