oklahoma city, drapper lake black trail

Reviews of riding areas...
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

oklahoma city, drapper lake black trail

Post by scheckaet »

Finally! the long awaited new black trail opened this week end :supz:
I had to ride without my rear brake (I realized I use it a lot more than I thought!), so it was a bit sketchy at some point :busted: but man was that fun!
Anyway, the black trail is 18 miles long, with a lot of different type of riding, really awsome, from fairly wide open field and wood to really tight (1st gear and clutch were a must), small water crossing, log crossing, a few bridges, some nice jumps...
We were the 1st one one the trail, and she's no virgin anymore :lol:

Here is a short video of the most intersesting section, loved the bathtub jumping and the tires. :supz: whoever came up with the idea is a genius! There's more that could be used imho, saw an old van and satellite dish, could be used for a jump or sumthin :hmm:
Lots of fun and challenging, love it!

Ok enough mumbling, here it goes.
Wilf

[youtube][/youtube]
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Thanks for the video. I can't wait to try it out.
mhosfelt

Post by mhosfelt »

what does it take to ride this area, is there a fee, is there a camping area, etc. are there out of state fee's to use this trail I'm from kansas. thanks
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

It's easy.

Day Pass:
$10 - Adult
$2 - Child

You can also buy an annual pass for $60 (child $12.00)

There is a camping area there and they charge $8 per day. Each site has a grill, picnic table, parking post, tent site, etc. There is a portable bathroom and a water spigot. The parking areas are all paved.

All the trails are one way so much better and safer. Since they are one way, even if it is packed with riders you can go for a long time without ever seeing anyone on the trails.

http://www.lakedraper.com/off-road.php

Always call the phone number before you go to make sure they are open. If there is a big rain they may close it for a day or two to preserve the trails. Also they have a race there once or twice a year and close it for that.

If you live in KS you might also look into riding at the Stillwater 500. You can buy an annual family pass for $75 (used to be $25) and they give you a code to get in the gate. Lots of good trails and there are rarely very many people there. It's not uncommon to have the whole place to yourself.
mhosfelt

Post by mhosfelt »

hey thanks jc