TNT Motorsports

Reviews of riding areas...
macodi

TNT Motorsports

Post by macodi »

I took a trip up to SC this past weekend to visit my mom and took the KDX with me. My plan was to check out this track I'd found on the net. This little gem hides just off I-77 and Hwy 97 in Chester, SC. For a landmark, that is about 45 mi south of Charlotte, NC and 45 mi north of Columbia, SC. The park has 4 MX tracks of varying levels from peewee to advanced. Although I don't ride MX, the tracks were very nicely groomed and one was cut on the side of a fairly steep hill. There are 4 trails varying from beginner to advanced. Very nice trails cut through hilly country varying from hardwoods to pines. I didn't get to ride the advanced trail (Mim's Trail of Tears) due to wet conditions, but I was advised that 29" bars or less is a must. The total length for the trails is only listed at 8 mi, but it seemed a lot longer than that after riding all of them.

The facilities are clean and parking is nicely arranged. There is a snack shop and a parts shop with a decent inventory. There are 4-5 clean (I know, that sounds impossible, but it's true) port-o-lets and a bike wash. $20 for annual membership and $15 per day to ride. I spent all day and had a blast.

I typically only ride in FL and we have sugar sand and whoops galore. Maybe it's the nature of hard soil and clay, but this place was very nicely groomed and didn't have the first whoop! I gave it a definite thumbs up. http://www.tntmotorsportsinc.com

As an added bonus, there is another park (2600 acres) about 25 mi away opening sometime this spring. It looks like it will be a very nice place also. http://www.carolinaadventureworld.com
Mark
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Yeah, TNT is well known in the Carolinas. I like the place a lot and I have been going there for about 2 years. My experience with TNT has been somewhat different than yours. I have found the trails to be seriously rutted in spots because of ATVs, and the MX tracks are typically rutted too.

Unfortunately, they allow 85cc & 50cc bikes on their kiddie track. A 5 year old kid was recently killed in such a situation at a nearby track, and I won't be going back to TNT until they change their rules on that.

I am looking forward to trying out Carolina Adventure World; there is a lot of buzz about that place around here.
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure